Bannerghatta National Park is located at a distance of 22 Kms away from Bangalore is an asylum for a large variety of Flora and Fauna. It was founded in 1970 and was declared as a national park in 1974. It is one of the most popular tourist destination with a zoo, a Safari park, a butterfly enclosure and an Elephant sanctuary.
- State : Karnataka
- Located at : 22 Kms from Bangalore City
- Nearest Railway Station : Ramnagar(RMR)
- Nearest Airport : Bengaluru International Airport(BLR)
How to Reach :
From Bengaluru there are two ways to reach :
- By Bus: Board bus no 365 from Kempegowda BMTC bus stand, which directly goes to Bannerghata National Park.
- By Bike : Bangalore Majestic – Bannerghatta main road – Bannerghata National Park
Best time to Visit :
The Park is open throughout the year and the best time to visit this park is during the months of October to June when the weather is cool and perfect and wildlife can be easily spotted.
All prices are taken and mentioned from the Official site.
Places to visit:
- Safari (Lion Safari, Tiger Safari, Herbivore Safari, Bear Safari)
- Butterfly Park
Bannerghata National Park is an ideal place for Nature lovers and Photographers. The wildlife here includes elephants, leopards, jackal, fox, wild boar, sloth bear, spotted deer, porcupine, Asiatic Lion, Royal Bengal Tiger, monitor Lizard and Cobras.
The Jungle Safari is one of the most popular activity here, where you get to observe the animals in their natural habitat. The Grand Safari is 16km (to & fro) while Tiger and Lion Safari is 11km (to & fro). The animals found in the Herbivore safari are Gaur, Sambar, Barking Deer, Black Buck and Nilgai.
Butterfly Park :
Studies reported 48 species of butterflies in various seasons at Bannerghata Biological Park. the butterfly trail established over a five acre garden leads the visitors to a three dome structure housing the conservatory, musuem and multi media center.
- Visit early hours. Its better to reach before 10am, there won’t be much crowd. If you arrive late you have to spend hours in the queue for the Safari.
- If you have school going children, carry their Id cards. The park offers 50% discount to school students but you need to show the Id cards to avail the discount.
- When you get in to the van for the Safari, try to occupy the front seat. If you carry a camera, you can take lot of pictures from the front/side windows.
Explore and Enjoy Nature and Wildlife
Please share your reviews and experience in the below comment section. Keep visiting the page to plan your next trip!